Candy Cane Cookies

I realize it is January, but Christmas is still on my mind.


These are no gourmet delicious cookies, but they are fun cookies for kids. So, give them a try...
A recipe from 365 Foods Kids Love to Eat, by Sheila Ellison and Judith Gray.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 cups unbleached white flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • (for half of dough - red vegetable food coloring)



Mix ingredients, divide in half and add coloring to half...


Take a little from each and spin them around one another.



 Bake at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Maybe around 8 to 12 minutes. 


Other fun shapes can be made too, just play around. The fun part is really more in making them than in eating them. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. 365 Foods Kids Love to Eat? isn't that my book? or Arvins... so fun cookies for kids, right? we had fun cooking... and I had fun eating :D

    PS: I thought you didn't want to post them?

    Big Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah, it was such a good memory, I wanted to leave a trace of it here on my blog (my external brain). :)

    ReplyDelete